I've been around the block when it comes to experimenting with different poker styles. Nearly all poker players start off with a rather formulaic stepping stone on their path to self discovery. Most players begin playing too loose than realize that practicing tight poker makes it easy to win at small limits; now if the player is talented enough here his ego will surpass his talent and one will start to play hands with questionable EV. After this things get rather situational. Personally I had tons of success once I opened up my game, followed by 9 months {a new gamblegambel is now born} of devastating break even poker. One of the most fascinating aspects of the game is the inability to ever be sure of anything. With so many variables and the complete absence of any control groups, all attempts at any sort of accurate scientific evidence for what is profitable is an exercise in fruitlessness. I guess Tuff_Fish said it best, "Just need to get back to my aggressive game here."
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Full Circle
I've been around the block when it comes to experimenting with different poker styles. Nearly all poker players start off with a rather formulaic stepping stone on their path to self discovery. Most players begin playing too loose than realize that practicing tight poker makes it easy to win at small limits; now if the player is talented enough here his ego will surpass his talent and one will start to play hands with questionable EV. After this things get rather situational. Personally I had tons of success once I opened up my game, followed by 9 months {a new gamblegambel is now born} of devastating break even poker. One of the most fascinating aspects of the game is the inability to ever be sure of anything. With so many variables and the complete absence of any control groups, all attempts at any sort of accurate scientific evidence for what is profitable is an exercise in fruitlessness. I guess Tuff_Fish said it best, "Just need to get back to my aggressive game here."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment