Sunday, August 30, 2009

Five Game I've Been Playing a Lot Lately

1. Battletoads - The difficultly level in this game is through the roof, but the whimsical game play keeps bringing me back. Can't get past level 6.

2. Poker - Something has to pay the bills.

3. Starcraft - My recon and countering is getting really sharp, but my micromanagement still needs a ton of work. This classic really just makes you better at every other game imaginable.

4. Tetris - Just broke my new high score tonight - 350060 (the million point game is on my bucket list)

5. Little League Baseball Championship Series - If I have an above average pitcher you will rarely see my opponent score in the first 5 innings and if I play with New York I must be around a 20:1 favorite against just about anyone out there.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha... so is that my little league baseball game? My dad and I used to play it all the time.

Unicron said...

RBI baseball 2 pwns this game.

you got me interested in battletoads:

Two features did reduce the otherwise crippling difficulty of the game. In the second level, a quick player could gain multiple lives by repeatedly hitting defeated enemies before they fell offscreen; thus a skilled player could build up a store of ten or more lives to spend in future levels. Second, there were several "warp points" scattered throughout the game that let the player skip ahead two levels. A knowledgeable player could avoid approximately half of the levels in the game through judicious use of warp points.

Anonymous said...

what system are you playing tetris on?

. said...

I've knowingly been trying to complete battletoads without use of the warp points. However, I do used the hold A+B+Down when you press start to begin with 5 lives. Just made level 7 today for the first time.

I play tetris on NES.