Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ping!

I'd like to start this post with a simple chart:

1 1/2 50%
2 1/4 25%
3 1/8 12.5%
4 1/16 6.25%
5 1/32 3.125%
6 1/64 1.5625%
7 1/128 0.78125%
8 1/256 0.390625
9 1/512 0.1953125%
10 1/1024 0.09765625%

and so on...

Now I'd like to pose a question at this point: How many coin flips do you have to lose in a row before you start to tilt; 3? 6? 9? Never? I don't know about y'all, but if I start off a session and lose 5 flips I'm pissed; no question about it. Now what pisses me off even than losing 5 coin flips in a row is the fact that this pisses me off in the first place. I gamble for a living. It is ridiculous that a 3.125% chance should upset me that much. And now with the increasing popularity of short handed poker the frequency of the flip is only going to increase. I guess my point is - I hate my job.

"If coin flips are putting you on tilt, you are probably playing too high"
-gamblegambel

1 comment:

MandyMandie said...

um....didn't someone say that quote before you?