Friday, July 25, 2008

You Know What It Is

It seems like most of my poker friends have hit the point in their gambling careers where they are beginning to cut way down on the hours they play and their passion to play online cash games. Whereas my adoration may not currently be at a peak, I still see poker hands when I close my eyes, I still dream about poker at night, and I still have an enormous drive to hit the tables. Maybe I feel as if I still have something to prove, or maybe I just enjoy the game a freakish amount, or maybe all this thought about retirement funds lately has motivated me. Anyway I look at it I feel a little sad; it's like being the kid in middle school who is still all excited about mastering Magic: The Gathering while everyone else has moved on to playing Nintendo 64.

5 comments:

Chris Viox said...

I'm still playing a ton, and loving it! Most of these guys don't know how good they've got it. I've done the corporate work week. I'll do poker professionally as long as I can. Viva Caesars Indiana!!!!

Shannon Shorr said...

awl have all your little buddies moved on to actually having sexual relations with women while you still grind out online poker 100hrs a week. well stick w/ it virgin, at least internet porn is still popular

Seth said...

shannon-
You continue to amaze us with your witt

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Jules and I work at bestrank.com, a company interested in blog advertizing. I found
your blog engaging and I'm contacting you to ask if you are interested in blog post
sponsorship.

If you are interested, kindly mail back for confirmation(jules@bestrank.com).Please
include your blog's URL.
Looking forward to doing business with you.

Sincerely,

Jules Viernes
BestRank.com

Anonymous said...

yea...so, you're blog is great and everything, but what pisses me off is that you never weigh in on your polls. mostly, what's your p&l for the year? whatever happened with your gf and that skank that made out with you? we need conclusions to your stories. good talk.

-Tony