Saturday, February 16, 2008

Potentially Obtainable

When I set my goal for the year to do a million hands I knew it wasn't going to be a walk in the park. I predicted a few roadblocks: burnout, boredom, even the long shot of getting a girlfriend, but I overlooked what is now my biggest concern - physical restrictions. My wrist was in searing pain all day and I fear the worst. I still have some hope. YTD: 80k hands

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dad is a professional writer and he experienced this too. He now "mouses" with his left hand. It takes a few days to get comfortable and you might make a few accidental folds but sounds like cutting your mouse time down is crucial. Also, have you tried changing your posture, chair, keyboard height, etc?

Anonymous said...

you need to avg 2732 hands a day and have gotten in about 1740 a day. this means you are well below where you should be and with already potentially major problems, im gonna go ahead and say you have almost no chance. I would lay odds at 20:1 against

Brad said...

Mandy uses this little hand trackball thing, you should grab one if you're havin some wrist issues. 1 mil hands in no time.

Jaheed said...

carpal tunnel is not worth the money

AHR said...

I used to do a lot of transcribing gigs and as soon as my wrists started hurting, I went to my school's clinic. They put the fear of god into me re: carpal tunnel, so I slowed down, went out of my way to get my posture exactly correct when I was typing, and even used one of these dorky things which keeps your wrists straight and slows you down a bit. If slowing down isn't an option for you, I'd suggest at least asking a doctor for advice.

schwingk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
schwingk said...

2 words: trackball mouse

http://www.wolfcamera.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchView?storeId=10101&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&keyword=trackball+mouse