Poker has gone complete down the shitter and I am nearly bust again. All of my parents (both step and natural) think I don't care about them because I don't randomly call them to see how they are doing - it's just who I am and these things rarely change. I haven't had a girlfriend in 7 years. I am continually going to alcohol, food, and cigars to try and drown out the pain. I struggle to fall asleep before the sun rises. I am constantly on retarded ass banana monkey life tilt. All of my poker friends are having wild success while I drown in envy. I've been a shitty friend lately. I have no confidence. My keyboard broke. I am a degenerate low life. Internet porn sucks. My body is falling apart. My car isn't running well. I am getting dumber by the minute. My grandmother broke her hip. kla gta34jlt ajklsa lkja 34tl ;kja2 t;25JKL; J ;LKAf #K A3;K AF2 ;LA234TT;LK A23L;K A2R;LK AR;LK1 ;lk 1RZ SF;LK EFLKJ qlk QWEF;LKJ qwefq;lkjwER; 24tkjw;lkjwag'; ljQEL;Q#F;lq#f; Lfg';lkja w; R okWF;OJawevka evf" eG';LKJE FGqw;qfa'wer;lkfg sadgljasg;lkjawerg' ;aw34g;g; lj
18 comments:
Dude, sounds like you need a rescue!!! Let's do something non-alcoholic and non-poker such as visit a national park together! How about Little River Canyon in AL or Andersonville in S. GA?
having poker friends who do very well can definitely unravel your poker career if you're not careful - who cares how they do. The best thing is that they're your friends and even if you're grinding mid-stakes and they're playing high stakes, they'll still take a look at the hands that give you trouble.
anyway gl
That was an astonishingly gay post from bootgun right there.
I'm sick of these terribly lame anonymous postings. I want to change my vote on censoring gay comments. Outtings such as the one bootgun has suggested are nothing but helpful to a poker player. F off anonymous. Joel i'm coming to down to Atlanta soon and will call you about it today.
agree with the others. you need a break from the ordinary.
I'm not really sure how one can enjoy a national park without alcohol, but whatever, have fun.
Sorry to hear you are having a rough go Joel, just take a couple weeks off and only come back when you are ready and hungry
www.rude.com
www.youporn.com
www.xtube.com
finally, an anonymous poster with insight.
jaheed
eliminate alcohol and cigars.
add marijuana.
I pity the fool that messes with the J team!
and yeah, go bouldering, cool off... check out HP40 in Alabama. Granted it's still a little cold, but that's what a god damn sweater is for.
http://horsepens40.tripod.com/
Hey Joel i'm a big fan of your blog, it's insightful, honest, and original. I'm sorry you are having a rough go at it. Poker is very cruel at times. I'm literally like 5 minutes from you so don't be shy and give me a call when you are bored, want to grab some food with someone, see a movie...etc. Although we have met only once i know you are a good guy and you mean well. I am free this weekend,if you are interested give me call. There is a ton of Fraternity stuff going on (i'm in kappa sig) that i think you would find fun this weekend or we could just go play some low stakes 2/4-3/6 NL with some gansta's :)I've posted twice on your blog and i'm not exactly sure if you just think i'm weird or you find that we have very little in common (aside from poker) due to our age difference. Like i said, feel free to give me a call any time. If you don't have my cell it's 7703379480.
Best Regards, Alexi
Joel, I'd like to make a generic post similar the the last 10 posts suggesting things you should do to get out of your slump or trying to boost your morale, but i'm not gonna do that. Stop mulling around and feeling sorry for yourself, and do something about it. Being miserable is a choice, not having a girlfriend is a choice, believe it or not, everything that is perceived to be happening to you (with the exception of unavoidable health issues, ie: cancer) is a function of choice. If you want to stop being a weak degenerate, then you can choose to stop. You're a person of impeccable reason and logic so figure it out.
A lot of interesting comments here and I'd like to respond to many...
bootgun: A day trip to a national park sounds like a nice break. I look forward to our adventures this weekend.
triumph: I know it shouldn't bother me and I'm not one for material gains or showiness, but these feelings I can't stop. It's just so personal because I play poker for a living too. Although I am pretty much the only short stacker, so getting strategy advice is uncommon.
Anon: Shut your jew face.
Blueflare: You are always more than welcome to visit and crash on my couch.
Kwicky: Couple weeks off!?!? Baby steps for me... I'll see if I can go the afternoon without a session.
Unicorn: Thanks for the cool bouldering locale. I'll most likely only do something like that if I can find someone to come along.
Bluesky: Thanks for the kind words on the blog. I may be a bit passed the frat party phase of my life, but I'd be down to gamble whenever. Poker is more than enough to have in common with someone.
Napoleon: I agree with you that I do tend to throw way too many pity parties. Although some of it is just pure emotions, which I believe to be normal and uncontrollable. If I wasn't so lazy I'd probably make a better effort to make some changes.
gg: maybe consider not shortstacking, then. i know there's a fair amount of people who've given it up. when your edge is that small, the downswings last forever - plus i hear that a lot of players have adjusted well to a 20BB player at the table.
you moved up in limits rather quickly, too.
what a loser
I think its time you reflect on yourself and try hard to pick yourself up, maybe u can consider getting a job and play poker as a hobby instead? ever considered that before?
this picture makes me cry a little
Post a Comment