
I went to the pond at the local cemetery the other day as I often do to feed the ducks. And during this unseasonably warm afternoon I walked down towards the shore only to be upset by the sight of a decaying floating carcase of a baby duck. This unsightly tragedy really got me down; eventually the blatant irony of the situation began to sink in. How could a graveyard of thousands of dead humans not arise an ounce of emotion, yet one passed away toddler water fowl could darken the brightest day. I guess the obvious response would be that I cared and fed for the duck and thus would feel stronger for its passing, but this appears to be too convenient. It seems more to be an issue of clarity. The matter at hand is glaring; for if the duck had been buried and morned by means of a tombstone I would not have felt such strong remorse. Now what the hell does this have to do with poker? It got me thinking about leaks in my game (as pretty much everything does). Just because I was making money at poker and trying out new things it seemed

like there still were serious dysfunctions still occurring that were buried by a general consistency of mild success. It wasn't until such problems became painfully obvious that much needed
redeveloping commenced. The ancient Chinese got it best with the word for crisis and opportunity being one in the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment