I was listening to an episode of the Commonwealth Club of California the other day and the guest was former CEO of HP Carly Fiorina. After listening to the program for a bit I gained much (more) respect for her as a both a thinker and a person. One question's answer stuck with me in particular. Someone from the audience asked her why (when the board of executives at HP asked her to resign on her own accord instead of making them publicly fire her) she did not immediately reject this (for such was completely against her morals and character) to which she replied something to the affect of, 'I never make big decisions when I am in an emotional state of mind.' Of course within a few days time she did reject their request. It seems like that philosophy is quite applicable to gambling and many of my faults.
Tuesday, January 9, 2007
Think Fast
I was listening to an episode of the Commonwealth Club of California the other day and the guest was former CEO of HP Carly Fiorina. After listening to the program for a bit I gained much (more) respect for her as a both a thinker and a person. One question's answer stuck with me in particular. Someone from the audience asked her why (when the board of executives at HP asked her to resign on her own accord instead of making them publicly fire her) she did not immediately reject this (for such was completely against her morals and character) to which she replied something to the affect of, 'I never make big decisions when I am in an emotional state of mind.' Of course within a few days time she did reject their request. It seems like that philosophy is quite applicable to gambling and many of my faults.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment