So here's the problem... in order to be successful at internet poker the following character traits are nearly imperative: a wildly competitive spirit, fearlessness on the tables and in depth self analysis and critique. Having the said attributes inevitably leads to following chain reaction: borderline decisions --> bad luck --> massive downswings --> demonstrative frustration --> sour demeanor. For three years I have diligently tried to become emotionally detached from the natural variance of the game. If anything I have only regressed. I guess all there is to do is apologize to those around me when poker is pooping on my head.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
You Can't Do That on Television
So here's the problem... in order to be successful at internet poker the following character traits are nearly imperative: a wildly competitive spirit, fearlessness on the tables and in depth self analysis and critique. Having the said attributes inevitably leads to following chain reaction: borderline decisions --> bad luck --> massive downswings --> demonstrative frustration --> sour demeanor. For three years I have diligently tried to become emotionally detached from the natural variance of the game. If anything I have only regressed. I guess all there is to do is apologize to those around me when poker is pooping on my head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment